Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

April 16, 2019

Life within papers..

He was busy poring over some papers on the dining table. She called out to him couple of times, but no response. She went about ironing her clothes for the trip she was taking and kept glancing at him to see if he looked up or at her. No such luck. She even threw a pair of socks on him, but he just pushed it away from the table and continued doing whatever he was doing... 

Time passed, it had been nearly half hour....  She was done ironing all her shirts and trousers, even put things aside near the stroller to arrange. She was getting concerned. What was he doing that had him so lost and engrossed? Heck, he looked like he was in a trance.

She casually walked up to him, taking a glass of orange juice and put it on the table beside him. He looked up, startled and took off his glasses. 

"Oh hey, hi honey, how are you? When is your flight tomorrow?" he asked.. 

"Phew, thank god you haven't lost your mind.. you do remember I am leaving tomorrow for the project".. she chuckled.."Btw, what are you upto? You seem like the world has descended on your shoulders and you are unable to get out from under it.. did not respond when i called or threw that sock at you" she grumbled.. 

"oh, I was just going through the financial print outs, and credit card bills, sorting them out date wise."he replied

"what on earth for? Why this method now?" She groaned.

"It is that time of the year, need to file taxes and I am already way behind.. Had told myself I would get it done last weekend, and then we went off to the beach and what not .. Now i have just a few days to get it all done.. am so exhausted. Between work and these papers, I don't know what am doing..." He sighed.. 

"oh you silly husband of mine. These days you don't need to ponder over papers and bills, you can just file your tax online.. all within a few minutes... " Saying that she pulled out her phone and showed him the website he could use for the same.. Click on the link and it gives you all the information you need with respect to Income tax return filing ..

" Are you serious? This really works, and wont leave me bamboozled, right? Damn, wish I had known this earlier. would have saved me so much time & I might have even been done with the whole tax filing... Infact, i can do online TDS return filing on this as well, wow... 

Hey wait, they also have an online chat system..How cool.. I can get all my doubts clarified then and there, instead of going to & fro via email... interesting website I say... And their website says all processes will be done and completed within 2 days, oh my! I have the documents listed ready and handy, so I just have to spend a few minutes to close this out.. uff.. thank goodness I married a smart woman " he smiled holding on to the phone... 






"Yes yes, my darling.. Everyone uses this nowadays, am surprised you did not know of it. I used it to get my tax filed away... you know how particular I am about paying off the Taxes on time... 
Anyways, now put all these aside , come spend some time with me before I fly away tomorrow. am going to be gone for good two weeks you know!" saying this, she took the phone away from him and dragged on his arm.. 

"Yayy, I will have the whole house to myself and be able to focus and file the Tax returns in peace" he chimed..  She threw a pillow at him and smiled "Am glad you are so diligent about paying your taxes, and with technology things have become so easy and convenient. We don't need to break our heads, do the filing and payment online and just follow up for the acknowledgement receipt. And you are all done until the next cycle comes. I hope you will talk about this with your brother when he comes over tomorrow. He is not as diligent or prompt as you.. Show him this website, and run him through it. Am sure he too will be able to grasp the process and file away the returns for his business. It is not enough to run a business, but one needs to get these systems in order, right? She went on... 

"Aye aye captain.. now come here, tell me why are you going away for so long....... " he said holding on to her tight..... 


2 comments:

Vishnu said...

Great Advice…
This post is pretty informative and this definitely helps the aspirants who are preparing Civil services examination for the first time.

Best IAS Academy in Chennai
Best IAS Coaching in Chennai
Top 10 IAS Academy in Chennai
IAS Coaching Centres in Chennai
IAS exam

Anonymous said...

For long, international tax laws were centred around physical presence in a country, to be subject to its domestic taxation norms. In effect, many brands in the digital space such as Google, Amazon, Facebook and off late, Netflix, Instagram and YouTube were able to escape tax nets, even in countries where they had a massive paying user base, routinely contributing to their annual revenues
https://vakilsearch.com/advice/tax-for-digital-economy-why-google-facebook-may-face-tax-liability/